Sea Moss Chocolate Bark Recipe. Imagine your favorite chocolate infused with nutrient-dense sea moss and topped with incredible superfoods like hemp seeds, goji berries, nuts, and pepitas. Well, this is it! Sea Moss Chocolate Bark is a delicious way to enjoy sea moss in the form of dessert!
This content contains affiliate links, which help goodfoodbaddie.com to provide free recipes and resources. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for your support of the blog!
How To Make Sea Moss Chocolate Bark
If you didn’t know, I am quite obsessed with sea moss! It is such an incredibly nutritious source of vitamins, minerals, and does wonders to improve the health of our bodies. Here’s a list of a few benefits, just to name a few:
SEA MOSS BENEFITS
- Sea Moss is rich in amino acids, vitamin c, vitamin A, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and minerals.
- It contains 92 of the 102 minerals that our bodies need like zinc, iodine, iron, and more!
- Because it is mucilaginous (sticky and thick), it helps soothe the mucus membranes in the body and helps your body get rid of any excess mucus.
- Sea Moss is also a prebiotic and helps to get rid of bad bacteria in the gut, which further increases digestive health.
- Sea Moss is also great for your skin! It helps improve eczema, psoriasis, and acne outbreaks.
- Sea Moss also aids in weight loss and helps improve metabolism.
Can You Cook with Sea Moss?
What a lot of people do not know is that you can cook with sea moss! Adding it to your favorite foods, soups, and desserts is a great way to enjoy the benefits of sea moss.
What Foods Can You Put Sea Moss In?
It is very common for people to put sea moss in smoothies, tea, coffee, or drinks like the Jamaican Irish Moss Drink. Sea Moss is also a great addition to:
- Soups and Stews
- Oatmeal, Porridge, Grits, Polenta
- Homemade Ice Cream
Sea Moss Chocolate Bark
Sea Moss Chocolate Bark is a delicious way to incorporate sea moss into your dessert or snack option. This is an easy no-bake dessert that takes less than 20 minutes to make! It’s vegan, gluten-free, and super delicious —I promise you won’t be able to eat just one piece of chocolate!
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make This Sea Moss Chocolate Bark Recipe
Sea Moss: For this recipe, I use MegaPlants Signature Sea Moss Powder. It is a blend of sea moss, bladderwrack, and burdock root in powder form, making it easy to add to any tea, smoothie, protein shake, coffee, or in this case, dessert!
Goji Berries: Goji Berries are a nutrient powerhouse. They are filled with vitamins and minerals that help boost the immune system, increase liver health, promote healthy skin, aid in weight loss, and so much more! I use Viva Naturals Organic Dried Goji Berries for this recipe.
Hemp Seeds: Hemp Seeds contain a high level of omega 3 and omega 6 essential fatty acids, and are also a great source of protein and fiber. I love adding hemp seeds to my granola, smoothies, ice cream, salads, you name it! For this recipe, I use Manitoba Harvest Organic Hemp Seeds.
Nuts & Pepitas: You can use any nuts, seeds, or pepitas you like. I used a mix of cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
How To Make Sea Moss Chocolate Bark
Making Sea Moss Chocolate Bark is super simple!
Gather the ingredients. Have your ingredients ready so that the chocolate bark is easy to assemble.
- Grab a large microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate, and then melt the chocolate in 30-second intervals in the microwave. It may be tempting to just put the chocolate in the microwave for a minute or two, but doing so will cause the chocolate to not melt properly. Take your time at this step and melt the chocolate at 30-second intervals and remove the chocolate from the microwave and stir between each interval.
- Once the chocolate has fully melted, transfer the chocolate onto a parchment-lined plate or baking sheet. Use a spatula to spread out the chocolate in a thin, even layer, about 1/4″ thick.
Add on the superfood toppings. Feel free to add as much as you like.
- Transfer the plate (or baking sheet) to the fridge and allow the chocolate to set, which should take about 30 minutes. I like to add my chocolate to the freezer for the last 5 minutes before moving to the next step.
- Once the chocolate has set (hardened), you can break it into bite-sized pieces. I like to use a knife to make an indentation along the middle to make the chocolate easier to break.
- Enjoy your chocolate! Store any leftover chocolate bark in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
I hope you enjoy this Superfood Sea Moss Chocolate Bark!
It’s the perfect dessert or healthy snack for both children and adults to enjoy the benefits of sea moss! If you try the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below! Take pictures, tag #goodfoodbaddie, and share them with me on Instagram! I love hearing from you!